Gas Safety Description
If your risk assessment has found hazards linked to the use of gas, then you need to put precautions in place.
There are a number of things you can do, such as the following.
- Make sure your staff are trained to use equipment.
- Store gas cylinders as per regulations.
- Install and regularly test carbon monoxide (CO) detectors and alarm systems.
- Perform regular inspections.
- Schedule and record formal maintenance that is carried out by a competent person.
- Make sure pipes, storage areas and vehicles carrying gas are suitably marked and signed.